Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A False Alarm

I am hoping for a better night's sleep tonight. The kids are still sleeping on our floor in our bedroom. We had brought down the twin mattresses from Preston's room after their surgery and they have been sleeping on them in our room so we can keep a closer eye on them. Last night, or I guess I should say this morning around 12:30 a.m. Preston woke up bleeding from his tonsillectomy. I immediately started freaking out thinking we were fixing to be going through what we went through with Jillian on Friday night. Michael got him some cold ice water and started the gargling process. I called the doctor's office like they said to do if there was any blood. To much relief, after about 10 minutes his bleeding stopped. Of course the rest of the night I couldn't sleep because I was too worried about what if's. What if it started back bleeding? What if this and What if that!

I was so tired today! Actually been tired all week from all the craziness since Jillian's emergency surgery on Friday night. They moved up their post op appointments to today so they could check on Preston's bleeding spot. He said that Preston's bleeding was the predicatble scab bleeding that sometimes happens. They both looked good at their appt. They are both still in a lot of pain and having off and on headaches.

We have been checking out movies to watch to get us through all these hours at the house when they haven't been able to do much. I got a "Brady Bunch" DVD from the library. They have about 12 episodes in a DVD. The kids totally love watching the Brady Bunch. I remember as a child loving watching it. So tonight before everyone was off to bed (hopefully dreamland) we all cuddled up together and watched a few episodes together. I remember some of my favorite shows when I was about 10 was the Brady Bunch, I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, and for some reason the Beverly Hillbillies.

Fixing to turn in and hoping for a much better night tonight! We are still going to have to get up a few times during the night to give the kids their medicines.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment