Friday, September 4, 2009

I have been subbing each week since school has started! I had planned more home improvement projects, but the extra money is nice too!

I painted the kids bathroom after finishing painting Preston's bedroom. I don't mind painting, but just like quiet while I do it. It is sort of relaxing.....until you get to doing the trim or up at the ceiling. They both look so much better though...so it was so worth it. I hope to work on some more projects around the house as time allows.

Jillian has her ice skating competition next weekend. She is really nervous. I think because she learned her program in 2 days, was off the ice for almost 3 weeks, then only had 2 weeks to come back and practice it. She was off ice for awhile while she recovered from her tonsil surgery then some emergency surgery she had to have done after that surgery. Bless her heart...she was so brave! I am working on stoning her new skate dress! I hope it ends up looking alright. After being involved in the competitive side of skating for almost 2 years now, I have learned a few things. How to save money! As expensive as ice skating is...that is a BLESSING! I have picked up on stoning..now I just need to learn how to sew the dresses.

The boys are gearing up for baseball. They are working on breaking in their new gloves. Preston so much admires Josh. He wants to do everything he does, and do it better. They are so competitive. Then again, I guess we sort of are a competitive family. Right down to playing the Wii. We have so much fun playing Wii as a family. There is a cute Disney Trivia game we all like to play together, but the kid's favorite and I think my husbands too is playing Mario Super Sluggers. They set up tournament play. I usually am the first or second one out of the tournament. Now If I spent more time practicing, I would do better. I use to know all the controls and all the moves on video games. Boy have they changed! I do love Guitar Hero and Rock Band. My oldest son and I play it alot together. Actually we all get down to the basement and play that together too. The only thing my husband likes to play though on rock band is the drums. I like to play the guitar. Josh I have to say...is a pretty good guitar player. He wants to take guitar lessons. Not quite sure how we can fit anything else into our schedule or the budget. Jillian really enjoys singing. She is usually the singer and loves singing the High School Musical songs from that game. I really enjoy our family time together.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment